The Deer Park Strength and Conditioning Department is accepting applications for the position of Strength and Conditioning Intern for the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
Deer Park High School is located in the southeast corner of the Greater Houston area and the strength coaches develop programs for 13 sports and over 30 teams working out of two newly renovated facilities totaling over 15,000 square feet.
The successful candidates will be required to schedule and maintain a minimum of 20 hours per week with the Strength and Conditioning Department. The program is designed for both the current undergraduate student, and the post bachelor young professional looking for experience.
The daily responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with supervision and execution of strength training programs; for assigned teams.
- Teaching student athletes proper techniques and equipment use.
- Attending to the daily maintenance of the training facilities.
- Participation in weekly projects and assignments throughout the internship program.
Interested candidates must have a strong work ethic and have a desire to become a Strength & Conditioning professional. The minimum qualification to participate is to be entering your second semester of your sophomore year in a college degree program in Exercise Science, Anatomy, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Biomechanics, Measurement and Evaluation, and/or Nutrition.
Application periods for each semester are:
- Application reviews on March 15th
- Application reviews on May 15th
- Application reviews on October 15th
** It is not uncommon for our fall and spring interns stay on as paid staff to work our summer training programs.
- Katie McClosky – Graduate Assistant – Kansas State University
- Stephen Whalen – Graduate Assistant – University of Texas
- Derek Lege – Graduate Assistant – University of Missouri
- Christa Grienke – Graduate Assistant – Kansas State University
For more information: DP Internship Program